1/2 tsp. coarse salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
7 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temp
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 large egg, room temp
1 tsp. vanilla
3 Tbsp. sour cream (I used light!)
3/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 c. milk chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
3. Beat butter and sugars with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low.
5. Add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with sour cream, and beat until just combined.
6. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
7. Cover and freeze for 10 minutes.
8. Using an ice cream scoop or large tablespoon, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper (don't skip this!), spacing 2 in. apart. Flatten slightly. Bake until centers are set and cookies are pale golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
This only make 2 dozen cookies, but I'm sure you could double the batch if necessary. Yum!
*Note: This has been corrected so the sugar amounts are right!