Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Cookies

Christmas is coming way too fast! I just started baking cookies last week, and I haven't even switched out the dishes in my hutch for the fun red holiday ones yet! Luckily I was able to find some crazy evergreen boughs to fill the flowerpots at our main entrance when I was back home this weekend - and got them in while it was still relatively mild (and raining a bit) yesterday morning! Now they're already covered in snow! I was feeling a bit overly ambitious yesterday and made 2 batches of cookies, started some cranberry spice vodka infusion (for the New Year's Eve party!) with the leftover cranberries from one of my recipes, and made an ice luminary for my front steps! Maybe I'll get on the ball and take a picture of it all lit up this evening (that is, if I can stand to be outside that long!).

Here's the status of my Christmas cookie baking:

Done:
Peanut butter blossoms
Rosemary shortbread trees
Spritz cookies
Cranberry walnut pinwheels (hence, the leftover cranberries!)

To do yet:
Sachertortes
Peanut butter toffee turtle cookies
Christmas wreaths
Butterscotch haystacks

And maybe...
Peanut butter chocolate chunk monster cookies
Almond bark pretzels and pb ritz cracker sandwiches
Another round of caramel crispix, because we ate the first one!

Hmm...that's a lot of baking! I better get back to work so that I can be done for the day and start on the next batch of cookies!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my god Martha Stewart! How do you have time for anything else!

MJ said...

I made three things last night...while David was at a late meeting! I just put Dr. Quinn on my laptop and watch while I bake! ;) Or I croon along with my Christmas carols...

Uncle KT said...

So, Laura and I went to the gym early this morning...I think we earned a few of those cookies. My tummy is growling!

Fixen Vixen said...

The few I wrestled away from the hubby and his brother were absolutely delicious! I bow down before the cookie queen!