Monday, February 25, 2008
NOTE: Make sure your volume isn't too loud initially because my voice is SUPER loud since I'm the closest one to the phone (sorry!).
Amsterdam Brewery in Toronto (ASM General Meeting 2007)
Amsterdam Brewery, again
The aftermath of the brewery...
He's being drunk and ridiculous!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
If I were a beer, I would be a...
· Tedder Tots: If he were a beer, he'd be a Bud Light. It is what it is: a dependable, classic, American brew as comfortable at home as it is at a baseball game.
· Muffin: If I were a beer, I would have to be Surly Bender. This wonderful newcomer combines many different styles and flavors that add up to something that is quite complex and has a unique depth.
· J-Dawg: If J-Dawg were a beer, she would be a Sierra Nevada Stout. Dark and complex with notes of sweetness but plenty of bitterness available to set up a stimulating counterpoint.
· SV: If I were a beer, I would have to be Leinies' Honey Weiss. Classic, yet distinctive, simple, but sosphisticated, and of course, from
· mj: If I were a beer, I’d have to be a Grainbelt Premium. Made from
· Sam: If I were a beer, I would be a Guinness. For those of you who know me, an obvious choice you might say. But truly, Guinness represents all I love about life—insists on settling into greatness at its own pace, bold in stature, and filled with the power to bring joy to others.
· E-Train: Never before have I been posed with such a question that has caused me to peer so deeply into the content of my character and depths of my soul. I would like to appear cultured and refined, but I know that the majority of my audience knows I am phony. Since I am only an undergrad, I must be vain and be self-conscious of my image at all times. A real douchebag of a beer. I am Heineken Light.________________________
On the last departmental retreat...
1. We DID NOT run out of beer - in fact, we had about 3 extra cases (yes, CASES) and an extra bottle of wine. This may be in part due to the fact that Mullet Man did not drink much - he was worried about his presentation for the next day...
2. We did play bizz-buzz around the campfire - but we only got to about 51. I think we had too many people and we weren't quite drunk enough to keep playing! ;)
3. Our boss did decide to drink - earlier in the day he said he wasn't going to because it was too many calories. I'm pretty sure he had 2-3 glasses of wine and was pretty goofy trying to play bizz-buzz.
4. During bizz-buzz someone decided it was going to start raining soon, so we cleaned up, spread out the fire, and headed inside. During this process we lost pretty much everyone - but the die-hards who stayed up playing games and drinking more. It was at this point when multiple things happened...
5. First, I started making fun of Mullet Man's mullet - which he promptly claimed was never a mullet but simply long hair. When I pointed out that it was still short in front and therefore a mullet, he said, "Fuck you." End of conversation.
6. PG then told the story of how Mullet Man was giving a guest lecture for a class during undergrad and everyone was confused when he showed up because they assumed they were having a female teacher (due to his unisex name)...this was also met with various cursing. Keep in mind he was still pretty sober (Mullet Man, not PG).
7. On the way to the retreat, someone, I believe KT, brought up the SNL skit "Dick-in-a-box," which resulted in at least a 15 minute conversation in the car, but then was brought up multiple times during the retreat (also involving various people singing and acting it out), but it was during one of these conversations that Antarctica Man looked up the skit on his iphone and played it first for us, then for Marc. Marc exclaimed "It's literally a dick in a box! There is a box attached to their pelvic regions!"
The highlight from these interviews for us was when, during an interview with a young gentleman, our boss came out of his office and started rummaging through a bag underneath his lab bench. I turned around at my desk to see that he was digging through the expired vaginal syringes that we have for a clinical study that's being conducted in our lab. He then grabbed one and headed back into his office. Once the door was closed again, all of us girls started laughing hysterically - that poor recruit! One of the other girls found the recruit later that day at the reception we hold for them once their interviews are done - he said our boss not only showed him the syringe, but asked him if he knew what KY Jelly was! When the recruit didn't know how to answer, our boss proceeded to squirt a little of the syringe out on his arm to show him the consistency of the product! That's one way to prevent new students from wanting to come to the lab!______________________
On Beef Heart Day...
- EVERYONE is required to participate in Beef Heart Day.
- The appropriate music must be downloaded, featuring the words "heart, cow, or beef."
- Everyone must dress in ridiculous blue disposable gowns in an attempt to stay moderately clean.
- Booties as hair nets are required for girls, optional for boys. (This is not to prevent hair from getting into the beef hearts, but to prevent beef heart blood from getting into the hair.)
- Screaming "BEEF" or "MEAT" is completely necessary to ensure that someone comes to collect the chopped up hearts for delivery to the grinder.
- There is no extensive examining of the hearts while chopping. This only wastes time and prolongs the experience.
- THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO THROWING OF THE BEEF HEARTS!!
Tip of the Day: Gimlets made with real lime juice versus Rose's Lime juice are definitely worth a try!
Monday, February 18, 2008
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Friday, February 08, 2008
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Photos courtesy of foxsports.net.