Friday, February 27, 2009

Syd & Libby




So we're cat-sitting for my parent's kitten, Libby, while they're in Florida for a week. Our cat, Syd, has met Libby multiple times before, but it's always been at my parent's house and not in his own territory, so we weren't sure how it was all going to play out! Luckily, it seems to be going pretty well (or as well as can be expected). Libby mostly chases Syd around, usually she's trying to go after his tail, but misses a lot of the time and ends up on top of his back (which is pretty funny!). Syd finally gets annoyed and swats and hisses at her. I wondered how often this happened when we weren't around during the day, but when I stayed home to work one day this week it seems that they just sleep all day (like normal). Initially, Libby insisted on being in my lap, with my laptop, where she would sit still for about 20 seconds then started either biting me or crawling all over my keyboard trying to chase the mouse cursor on my screen. After I threw her off of my lap for 18th time, she finally gave up, hopped back onto the couch, and curled up next to me where she proceeded to sleep for the remainder of the morning. When I got up to make lunch, she moved to a chair across from me and slept there for the entire afternoon. Then David got home, we made supper, and she hopped in my lap to sleep for the rest of the evening. Now I know where she gets all of her energy from! As fun as it has been to have a kitty around, I think we will ALL be happy when she goes back home! Even Jonas doesn't know what to think of her - he jumps up against the patio door whenever he sees her near the door (hopefully this doesn't continue because I'm afraid he may actually break the door down).

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh so cute!! I can't wait to meet her.