Friday, April 10, 2009

Update on the thesis process

I officially dropped off a copy of my thesis for each of my reviewers yesterday - I felt a little funny leaving my entire thesis in a container attached to the well outside one of my reviewer's offices, but I'm sure he found it all safe and sound!

I'll give them a week to look it over and make sure there aren't any major revisions that need to be done (I'm guessing there won't be, since Pat has looked it over already!). Then I'll send out an email to the rest of the committee to schedule my thesis defense - hopefully for sometime in mid-May. The rest of the committee will also get copies of the thesis at this point.

Mid-may I'll defend my thesis. I still need to put together the seminar for that, but it's just a matter of determining what, and how much, I want to talk about. That will give me something to do while I wait for my reviewers to go over my thesis.

After that, all I'll need to do is take care of any revisions from my committee, turn in my thesis to the grad school, get some official copies bound for myself, the boss, the program, etc., and CELEBRATE! :)

Today I'm submitting my third manuscript. Hopefully it goes through without too many hitches. The end is near...

No comments: