Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I know it's been awhile, but...

You would think I would have more to say as I wrap up my graduate career - but between getting ready for the defense, dealing with commencement coming up this Friday, and organizing my post-doc, I've been busy. Granted, it's a weird type of busy, in which I have periods of craziness and stress, but also lots of downtime, since I'm not doing too much in the lab these days. Mostly, I just been doing a LOT of reading - after writing my thesis I ordered the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris and quickly devoured one after another. Yesterday, the 9th book in the series came out and I've already finished it. Seriously, I think I may be addicted. I (half-seriously) joked to David tonight that I may just start them all over again, and I think he came very close to freaking out.

But, in the past couple of weeks, I've come across multiple things that I probably could have posted on, including:

1) The swine flu hysteria. Ridiculous. I bought a rack of pork ribs and a roast the other day for dirt cheap, because of course with all of the hysteria the pork prices are plummeting. So David and I made our first rack of ribs - and I have to say - they were delicious!
2) Our good friends, Laura and Gabe, got engaged and are already planning a wedding for next March!
3) Another of our friends, Ted, just graduated from medical school - and will be moving to Kansas City soon to start his ER residency.
4) Spring is here, and summer is soon on its way - we went from having only 1 wedding this summer to having 3 in the past two days.
5) On that same note, I've already purchased the flowers for my pots - some have been planted, but I'm hoping to do the others soon. I also filled in the large hole that Jonas dug in the backyard last summer; we're hoping that if we lay sod over it he'll forget about digging again this summer - ah, wishful thinking.
6) And finally - Favre in purple?!?! I may lose my mind.

1 comment:

Ted said...

Whoohooo! I made it on the minneapoland blog. Once Farve joins the team we may all lose our minds... of joyousness! Bienvenidos a Miami!