Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Big News!



I think that almost everyone that reads my blog may know this already, but we're having a baby! I'm just finishing up my first trimester and am due January 1st! Since we got sick of referring to the baby as "it" or "the parasite" (it's been making me pretty sick lately...) we decided to name it baby Uno (since it's due on the 1st!).

The first question we get from almost everyone is whether or not we're finding out what we're having...and the answer is that we haven't decided yet! We have our big ultrasound appt in August where we can potentially find out the gender of our child, but until then we'll keep debating the pros and cons of "finding out."

I'm at the end of my first trimester, but so far the "morning" sickness hasn't gone away. I've actually been nauseous all day long, with it being worse at night. I just got some anti-nausea meds to help me out, and they seem to be slightly working, so at least most nights I can get something down and keep it down. I'm hoping this will pass soon, although my mom likes to remind me that she was sick for 5 months with me!

I did manage to eat an entire Chipotle burrito for lunch, along with some chips and guacamole, so even if I can't eat tonight I've probably consumed enough calories for both meals! ;)

Pictured above is our ultrasound from 11.5 weeks - almost 2 weeks ago already! It's hard to believe that baby Uno has all of it's extremities already, but we saw him or her using them to dance for us on the ultrasound! He or she then promptly fell asleep and the ultrasound tech had me coughing and pushing on my stomach to try to wake him up to take measurements.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my god I'm so excited to see the ultrasound!! And can I call the baby Spanish Uno?

Redevetter said...

Congrats again! I can tell already the baby Uno is going to be a cutie (and super smart)

Fixen Vixen said...

Congrats! Maybe you will have the first baby of the New Year!

PS- Even your baby can't say no to a Chipotle burrito. It is just that awesome.

Uncle KT said...

Fantastic news! If your baby is born on the first...can Uno be the middle name???