Thursday, June 04, 2009

The Kadner toilet seat


Last summer, I attended the Kadner Institute in Boulder, CO, and met a lot of great fellow microbiologists. My roommate at the Institute, Tara, and I found a toilet seat in the hallway of our hotel that literally remained there the entire week of the Institute. Finally, the last night we stole the toilet seat and hung it on the door of one of our friend's room. That night, there was a lot of talk about keeping the toilet seat in the group and shipping it around as people graduate, get post-docs, get jobs, etc. However, the next morning Tara and I found the toilet seat on OUR door, so if we wanted this to occur one of us was going to have to haul that sucker home. So I did (of course!). Today, I finally pulled the toilet seat out from under my bed (because where else should you store an old, used toilet seat?), brought it into work, and packaged it into a box, dropped it off at the post office, and paid a whopping $25 to ship it down to New Orleans to Tara, who will be defending her thesis next week! Totally worth every penny. Now, hopefully she'll find someone to pass it on to and so on and so forth. As long as it doesn't come back to MN anytime soon!

3 comments:

Fixen Vixen said...

Okay, can I just say a used toilet seat is the last thing I would want to receive in the mail. Yuck! Did you guys at least disinfect it?

MJ said...

Nope.

Uncle KT said...

I agree with Fixen...one clorox wipe would have gone a long way to making that seat WAY less creepy!