Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Caramel Apple Fiasco

I've been craving caramel apples, after having one at the state fair last week. So, I decided to buy some caramels and make some myself. After they hardened, I enjoyed one and left the rest on the counter for later, but I realized last night that the caramel had slowly dripped down the sides of the apples and pooled in the muffin cups that I placed them in. So, before going to bed, I propped the apples upside-down in cups in order for the caramel to slowly drip back around the apples. This clearly didn't work. I woke up this morning to caramel dripping down the sides of the cups, onto the counter, and had the joy of dissolving hard caramel from my counter top. Clearly this this project was not worth it - I will just buy myself some premade caramel apples at the grocery store next time!

4 comments:

Redevetter said...

Put them in the fridge or freezer to have the caramel set up faster.

MJ said...

You'd think the caramel would've set up in the 6-7 hours they sat at room temp...

Fixen Vixen said...

I bet they were delicious, though. Baby Uno was probably on a sugar high!

Laura said...

But you have to admit that is a hilarious picture!