This past weekend I was able to paint a bookshelf we received from my parents for the nursery. They were no longer using it and suggested that we may want to use it for books, toys, etc. Armed with a quart of the same purple paint we put on the walls, it only took me 3+ coats to get the thing covered (for some reason those saturated colors we chose for wall stripes go on very translucently!). I was happy to discover that the lime green fabric bins I grabbed at Target fit perfectly onto all of the shelves - they'll work well for holding miscellaneous toys and other goodies. So far our book collection consists of a few old ones that David and I had, plus a handful that I purchased at rummage sales this summer. Since I'm big into children's picture books, I sure it will quickly expand!
Here's the before shot:
And here's the after:
Notice the lime green chenille loop rugs I found at Target. Love them! The nursery is really starting to fill in, but I'm anxious to get some prints on the walls and the rocker in place to really finish things up!