Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bookshelf for the Nursery

This past weekend I was able to paint a bookshelf we received from my parents for the nursery. They were no longer using it and suggested that we may want to use it for books, toys, etc. Armed with a quart of the same purple paint we put on the walls, it only took me 3+ coats to get the thing covered (for some reason those saturated colors we chose for wall stripes go on very translucently!). I was happy to discover that the lime green fabric bins I grabbed at Target fit perfectly onto all of the shelves - they'll work well for holding miscellaneous toys and other goodies. So far our book collection consists of a few old ones that David and I had, plus a handful that I purchased at rummage sales this summer. Since I'm big into children's picture books, I sure it will quickly expand!

Here's the before shot:


And here's the after:



Notice the lime green chenille loop rugs I found at Target. Love them! The nursery is really starting to fill in, but I'm anxious to get some prints on the walls and the rocker in place to really finish things up!

6 comments:

Uncle KT said...

The bookshelf looks great! Too bad your parents didn't have two, I'm sure that one's going to get overwhelmed pretty fast with books and toys once Uno arrives.

Redevetter said...

super cute! I'm a sucker for books too!

Redevetter said...

super cute! I'm a sucker for books too!

Laura said...

Awwww! How cute! After seeing it last week it must have taken tons of coats to get it that dark!!!

J-Funk said...

Wow that looks so awesome! You should see our nursery. It is comprised of a crib that hasn't been put together yet and a stack of unpacked crap from our move that we haven't put away yet. Hopefully in the end it will look something close to as good as yours!

Fixen Vixen said...

So cute!!!