Tuesday, November 03, 2009

No Will Power

This morning I was woken up almost an hour early by Jonas barking (he doesn't get the whole fall-back time change thing). So I threw on some clothes, forgetting my glasses, and ran outside to lock him in the garage (and hopefully shut him up long enough for me to get some more sleep!). Thankfully, he only barked a bit and then calmed down for the next hour, but I was unable to fall back asleep. Instead, as I was laying in bed, I started to crave chocolate covered donuts and strawberry milk. So, I get myself out of bed, walk the dog so he doesn't freak out all morning long, and then make a run to satisfy my weird craving. Meanwhile, I remembered that my fave pretzels are now available in a new flavor - Snyders buffalo wing pretzel pieces - so of course, I had to grab a bag of those, and then Rold Gold fudge dipped pretzels caught my eye, so in the cart they went, too! Yikes! The guy checking me out even commented on my odd array of food items - buffalo pretzels, chocolate pretzels, chocolate donuts, and strawberry milk. I should have told him that this is what pregnancy does to you. You have no control over your random food cravings - I'm still riding the hot and spicy and super sweet cravings, and probably will be until Baby Uno arrives. Oh, and did I neglect to mention that I also ended up with a bag of Halloween candy that was 50% off - all the yummy Willy Wonka faves (nerds, sweet tarts, laffy taffy, and runts), plus 2 more bags of caramels, just in case my caramel craving comes back...

8 comments:

Uncle KT said...

I've been having hot and spicy and super sweet cravings my whole life. Does that mean if I'm pregnant I'll crave "bland"? That would be horrible.

pendant lights said...

Just like the rest of us.

Laura said...

next craving...pickles!!

MJ said...

never.

MJ said...

oh and KT - I've always craved those things, too, but it's way more intense when pregnant!!

Uncle KT said...

Good to know. My mom said that while she was pregnant tacos and the small of tacos made her queasy. Which sounds horrible since I love tacos. Have you had any experiences like that so far?

Redevetter said...

I couldn't stand the smell of Rosemary. I loved it before I was pregnant and now afterwards, but during it made me hurl (really hurl). The cravings are definitly more intense. I didn't realize how much more intense they were until afterward when I realized I could make it to the end of the day without the bag of M&Ms instead of having to leave work when the craving hit, going to the grocery store and eating half the bag on the way back to work like I did when I was pregnant.

MJ said...

I was really queasy about quite a few things early on - grilled meat (of any kind), or just pieces of meat in general, plus the smell of garlic bread or toast about pushed me over the edge - it was banned in our house for awhile. We haven't tried it lately, but I may brave it sometime soon to see if I can handle it yet! There were more, too, but I can't seem to remember them!