Sunday, December 20, 2009

Family Christmas

After a whirlwind of a weekend, the hubby and I are enjoying a quiet night watching the Vikes while the dishwasher, wash machine, and dryer are all running. Just wanted to share a few pics from today - including one of my table setting, which is the first time I've actually been able to use my fun red dishes, silver chargers, and silverware from our wedding (yeah!). My dad did a garlic-rubbed prime rib on the grill, while mom and I prepared some side dishes and a pecan pie for dessert. Yum!




3 comments:

Uncle KT said...

Your table looked wonderful. I think you and I might have the same (or very similar) table cloth. I love that deep red color, it looks very "rich." Next time I make a pecan pie I think I'm going to try the one that Marjorie Johnson entered into Martha Stewart's pie contest (and won). The recipe is on Martha's website.

J-Funk said...

Wow pretty!

MJ said...

I don't think you can beat the richness of my mom's pecan pie recipe! :) I got the tablecloth at Kohl's, so it's entirely possible that we have the same one KT!

Thanks J-Funk!