Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Amelia Update

Now that we've been living with Amelia for 2 1/2 weeks already, I figured it's time to talk a bit about our life with a baby (or lack thereof). David has slowly started going back to work this week, which I think he's actually kind of happy about (he was getting a little stir-crazy at home). Meanwhile, me and the baby are hanging out and getting used to our new routine together - mostly she eats, we hang out on the couch together while she's awake, and then when she falls asleep I attempt to shower, clean, do laundry or dishes, and take care of other random things around the house before finally succumbing to a nap myself. If I had more energy, I think I'd be ready to start working on some reading/researching for work, but for now that will have to wait. My brain capacity has diminished simply due to lack of sleep!

On another front, I think we may have found a daycare for Mia for when I head back to work - it's been a little stressful interviewing potential homes to put our child in, but I think we've found one that will be convenient and we can feel comfortable with. Ask me what I think of this in a few weeks when I actually have to leave her there...

We're continually amazed at how much she grows and changes every day! She already has completely changed looks from when we first met her - she's definitely filling out as she puts weight on. She's extremely alert - she follows our voices and, to some extent, our faces and she enjoys being sung to or danced with by both mommy and daddy. My favorite thing may be when she puckers up her mouth - I keep meaning to get a picture of it, but haven't been successful thus far. She gets the hiccups all of the time (which also happened in utero), and it tends to make her quite upset - she seems to think that we should be able to do something to make them stop. Already it appears that she's starting to outgrow some of her newborn outfits, but I think it'll be awhile yet before she actually needs to move into the next size up. She's quite strong - she pushes off with her legs when she gets worked up and she needs to have her arms free when she sleeps so that she can suck on her fingers (she prefers her pointer finger to her thumb at this point) when she wakes up. We can't wait to see what each new day will bring!

With that, I'll leave you with some photos from my phone...

1 comment:

Redevetter said...

Awww, so cute!