Tuesday, March 09, 2010

So good!


Considering my (small) obsession with Alice in Wonderland, I was slightly concerned when I heard Tim Burton was redoing Alice. It looked so dark in the previews! Thankfully, there's a reason it's so dark - it's taking place in the future, when Alice is grown up and Wonderland has been taken over by the Red Queen/Queen of Hearts (which is the same person in the movie, but not in the books). We saw the IMAX 3D version, which was a lot of fun - like being a kid at the movies! I was worried about the whole 3D thing, but once I got used to it, I really liked it (and it didn't make me sick or dizzy)! The characters are a riot - they all do such a great job - and I'm currently trying to persuade my hubby to go as the Mad Hatter for Halloween this year (maybe a little encouragement from you all would help!).

2 comments:

J-Funk said...

Somebody actually told me that Johnny Depp movies induce labor. I will watch one of his other movies though, the 'Alice in Wonderland' story always freaked me out.

MJ said...

What? That's kind of bizarre! :) Maybe Charlie and Chocolate Factory would work - or just make you hungry! Good luck!