Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Weddings on the Brain

It's been wedding mania around here - my cousins came up last weekend to pick up a wedding gown (they're from Wisconsin, but found "the one" while shopping here in the twin cities) and our good friends, Laura and Gabe, are getting married in less than two weeks! Both David and I are in the wedding (me - bridesmaid, him - usher), so we've been attempting to coordinate our (and baby's) schedules for the weekend. Thankfully, my parents are coming up to help out with Amelia - including bringing her down for the wedding ceremony and then taking her for the night so that David and I can enjoy an evening of festivities alone! All of a sudden, I realized that I not only needed to get my dress altered (I had been putting it off as long as possible to ensure the best fit) but that I needed to find and buy the rest of the wedding gift (and get it wrapped...so far half of it is wrapped and I've purchased two options for the rest of it, so it's all just laying on my dining room table awaiting me to make my final decision! - and to have 2 free minutes to actually finish wrapping it!).

Side note: apparently the only time I now have free time is at work, which is why I'm blogging right now.

All of that being said, we're very excited for the upcoming weddings! It's going to be a grad lab reunion at Laura and Gabe's (since I first met Laura in my grad school lab and everyone that originally worked there has since moved on). We're especially looking forward to introducing Amelia to everyone! (And then passing her off to the grandparents for the night so that we can celebrate in the typical S-lab style!)

And then in June we get to introduce Amelia to the whole Cole family at Missy and Austin's wedding, which will be great!

Since weddings have been on my brain, and this year David and I will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary in August, I couldn't resist taking this photo (based on a similar one I saw online). A little corny, yes, but I still love it.

No comments: