Tuesday, July 06, 2010

4th of July

Spent the LONG weekend with both sets of parents at both of their lake cabins. It was fun to spend time with the family, but traveling ends up taking its toll on the entire family - Mia barely slept Saturday night, and didn't sleep well the rest of the nights, which meant that David and I are overly tired after our long weekend. Additionally, after being hugged and admired all weekend long, Mia is extra fussy today and refuses to play by herself. She wants to be cuddled and entertained constantly. Thankfully I've been able to get her down for a few cat naps, which allowed me to clean the house and catch up on laundry while I'm home with her (since we didn't have daycare available today).

Highlights from the weekend include meeting Daniel's new puppy, Cooper. He's a British black lab, 12 weeks old, and the calmest puppy I've ever seen. He slept under the porch steps the majority of the weekend, and he was scared of the water (even after watching Jonas jump in time after time to retrieve a dummy). He followed Jonas around the farm like mini-me.


Spending time with great-grandma Evie on Mia's 6 month birthday (more on that later).


Supper with the elder Fetts at the cabin on Fox Lake.



Listen to me, I'm 6 months old today!


Proof that Grandma B does exist - and holds Amelia quite often!



Like father, like daughter.

1 comment:

J-Funk said...

CUTE! That last picture is the best!!

I hear you on the traveling, we just got back from a big July 4 adventure and had a similar experience. You want them to see their family but it is SO HARD to travel!! Ugh.