Friday, October 15, 2010

Big Girl

Our little girl is growing fast! At her 9 month checkup, she was 29.5 inches long! That puts her in the 95th percentile for length!! Her weight of 18 lbs 4 oz puts her right in the 50th percentile (by age), which is good. Although she was all up to date on her vaccines, she did get a flu shot for the first time - and since I got mine the following day, I can attest to the fact that this round is making your limb a little bit more sore than previous years! Ouch! Here's a quick look at the last three months in her car seat.

7 months

8 months

9 months


I haven't taken a shot of her in her new fancy big girl car seat yet, but it's much more comfortable for her (and for us - since we don't have to haul her around in the infant seat any longer!). For those of you that care, we ended up with a Britax Marathon car seat (not one of the next generation ones that just came out, one of the previous models). So far, so good! I really like the seat, although it does take up quite a bit of space (I have it in my Jeep Compass, so it fits, but there's not a ton of room for anyone that sits in the back next to her). She sleeps really well in it, since it has such a high back and sides. We did have to roll a small towel up and place it under the front to tilt it back a bit (as suggested in the manual) to get the right angle for the rear-facing position. We also originally had the optional versa-tether hooked up, but the only place to hook it into my Jeep is behind the back seat, so that meant that we had straps going from the back of her seat (facing the front of the car) all the way across the back seat, and then attaching behind the back seat. This meant that I had to actually lift her over the straps to get her into the seat, which in my car, was not exactly easy - I ended up hitting her head on the ceiling a lot. So, I took the versa-tether down. I'd feel better about having it anchored a bit more (even if it is just optional), but can't handle the extra hassle. Now we're just trying to decide which seat to buy for the Xterra once she's completely outgrown her infant seat, which is in there now. I think we'll probably end up with another Britax, though!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

What a big girl!! Love that smile... Glad you like the new car seat!

J-Funk said...

I've heard complaints about that tether. We still haven't bought a carseat but we're leaning towards the Britax Marathon or Advocate. Layla's almost too big for the infant carseat now!!