Sunday, December 05, 2010

11 months down, 1 more to go!

Can't believe this is the last month before our baby girl turns ONE YEAR OLD! The year as seriously flown by! Just for fun, I'm including a photo of me (and Mia, technically) from 1 year ago...


One year ago this weekend, I had one of my best friends, Kate, in town to visit and she graciously offered to help me put up all of my Christmas decorations - and she came with David and I to pick out our tree! Since I'm in the middle of an actual decoration disaster over here, and I'm currently watching Mia dig through her presents, which are in a pile waiting to be wrapped, I am sincerely missing the extra help! :)

The past month marks Amelia's 8th tooth addition (at least I think that was this month and not the month before...teething is a constant problem over here!), more standing and cruising along furniture, much more babbling, and her first bit of actual TALKING! She said "Hi da-da" a few times over Thanksgiving vacation, and last week I picked her up from daycare and she said "Hi!" as I walked in the door! Too cool. She is tall, which means she can reach just about anything in our house. This is making decorating for Christmas even more difficult! So far, the tree is up but waiting to be decorated - she ate a few pine needles last night, but left it alone after that. We'll see how she does once the decorations are on it! We may have to progressively move all of them up the tree and out of her reach! We're still waiting to see if she'll be walking by Christmas, if not, I think she'll be pretty close. Her toys don't appeal to her much anymore, we have to hide some and reintroduce them to make them more interesting. This means that all of the pretty wrapping paper, boxes, and bows will probably be more fun for her than any of the toys that she'll get!

We took her outside after our fresh 5-6" snowfall yesterday to take some pictures for our Christmas card. I'm not sharing all of them now...need to keep some surprises up my sleeve for those of you getting cards in the mail, but here are a few of my favorites.





3 comments:

Uncle KT said...

Wow! Times does fly...Mia looks so old already!

J-Funk said...

Wow, SOOO CUTE!!!

'Decoration disaster' is also going on here...

Angela said...

I love her expression in the photo with the snow!