Friday, May 06, 2011

Grilled Grapefruit Margaritas


Happy Cinco de Mayo (1 day late)! I found this recipe a-LONG-while ago, and filed it away in my bookmarks to make another time. I'm so glad we finally tried them out, because they were AMAZING. A little work up front led to a great night of drinking! ;) Check out the recipe at Well Fed, I borrowed her beautiful picture since we didn't remember to take any of our own. If you're just looking to try them out, go ahead and just do 2 grapefruits, but if you suspect that you'll be drinking them for a few days (like I will), then I'd make 4 grapefruits right away. I just stored the remaining juice and spiced simple syrup in the fridge. Also, be sure to use some good tequila, don't bother with Jose' for these guys! They are worth the extra expense! I can't wait to drink a pitcher of these out on my deck this summer - who's with me?

3 comments:

Redevetter said...

I'll be over in 15 min...

Mandy said...

Yay! That would be fantastic! :)

Uncle KT said...

I just made a REALLY lame bacteriology to a non-scientist coworker...it's only Monday and I think that I could already use a margarita!