We survived the 4th annual Rice St Pub Crawl! After missing last year (due to the fact that we had a 5 month old in residence), we were back with a vengeance! This year we started the crawl early at 11am instead of our normal 3pm start, then we grilled out, enjoyed a bonfire, some lawn games, and for the most part sobered up at our place for the night before (just about) everyone went home.
Highlights from this year's crawl include:
1) Mr. Ryan Fett actually made the bus for the first time in 4 years! In fact, everyone actually made the bus this year - except a newbie that had car problems and didn't make it to the crawl at all (sorry Joe!).
2) Early start = mimosa/fuzzy navel/screwdriver fish bowl. Much better than the random mixes of year's past!
3)Starting things off at the Lamplighter bright and early - nothing says classy like drinking in a strip club at 11:30am!
4) BINGO. We made BINGO cards pertaining to the crawl, which was fun for the first few bars, but were quickly forgotten for the remainder. Next year, back to the "rules!"
5) Deep fried tacos as Dean's. The perfect drunken food, as always. Add to that pull tabs and a meat raffle and you have all the makings of a good time.
6) No Captain David sightings at Brady's, but we made friends with the bartender, and for that matter, pretty much everyone else in there. I think they loved us.
7) No one got kicked out of a bar! Woo-hoo! Evidently we're growing up. Actually, no one got really sick, either. But we did have two newbies (little brother and his girlfriend) that passed out as soon as we got home at 7pm...clearly they couldn't keep up with us old people.
All in all, it was another good crawl. Looking forward to next year, but glad to have this big event over with for this summer! (A big thanks to Kelsey for taking lots of great pics!!)