Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sittin' in Style

Just wanted to share our new chairs with you! (Note: this post is mostly for my MIL, since I'm sure she's anxious to see pictures of the new dining room chairs that they got us for Christmas.)  To go with our "new" refinished dining room table, we got 4 new dining room chairs from Pier One. I think the curves of the chairs pair nicely with the pedestal and curved feet of the table, and the gold works beautifully in our dining room. The gold damask backs are my favorite part - a little something fancy without overwhelming the design of the whole chair!
 Meanwhile, I finally moved my grandparents' vintage swivel club chairs up to our house! I had requested these chairs when my grandma was selling the house and downsizing to a condo because they were one piece of furniture that made me instantly remember so many wonderful days and nights spent with my grandparents.  At the time, I didn't have a spot for them, but when we re-painted our living room taupe I realized they could take the place of 2 cream-colored IKEA chairs that we had. I think they're a nice, grown-up addition to the room, and I love having that constant reminder of my grandparents in my home.
 

No comments: