Friday, April 20, 2012

Laura's Thesis Defense

 One of my best friends, Laura, successfully defended her Ph.D. this week! We did the traditional champagne and snacks back in the elevator lobby on the floor her lab is on, then hit up the Campus Club for a drink, then came back to our place for carnitas, sangria, beer, and some sunset lamas (a signature cocktail consisting of Chambord, Grey Goose, and champagne - layered in a martini glass). It was a great celebration, although I think I'm still feeling the effects of less sleep and too much fun two days later! Here are some photos from the big day, along with a couple of goofy videos (you are welcome, Laura). 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Hmm...that signature drink sounds right up my alley! Yummy...

Laura said...

Yay!! I'm totally NOT embarrassed about the sabering thing ;)