Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Big News!

We're very excited to announce that we're having another baby - due March 9th! I just finished up my first trimester, and when we went in for an ultrasound screening last week we already found out that it's a BOY! We were caught a little off-guard since we weren't planning on finding out until the 20 week ultrasound (in October), but the technician asked us if we wanted to know already and my response was, "You can already tell?" and he said, "Oh yeah, we can tell."  It was pretty much a dead giveaway that we had a little boy in there! Evidently this isn't all that uncommon because both the nurse and our OB wanted to know if we had been told what we were having yet. It probably has something to do with the fact that our clinic has a newer, more advanced ultrasound machine compared to when we were doing this with Mia.


Although we weren't adamant about having both a girl and a boy (we were both totally fine with having all girls), we're starting to wrap our heads around the idea that we'll be having a little boy around the house next spring. First off, we need to start going through our multitude of boxes of baby girl clothes and weeding out everything but the really special stuff (there won't be room to store both girl and boy stuff in our house!). Good thing the fall consignment sales are in full swing, now I just need to find time to sort through and tag all the items for sale. Since we're in the middle of potty training with miss Mia, David's first thought was "How are we going to potty train a BOY?"  My response? At least Mia can teach him how to pee in the grass...

Speaking of Mia, we just told her last week and she's already excited to tell everyone she knows! She also follows this up with either 1) lifting up my shirt and pointing to my belly or 2) grabbing the ultrasound pictures and trying to explain what they show. It's going to be an interesting 6+ months...

I'm starting to feel a bit better, although I'm still a little nauseous, especially when I'm getting run down. Thank god for zofran or I'd be a mess. This pregnancy, the nausea hit a little harder right away, but I never ended up puking like I did with Mia (I was waiting for it, because that didn't come until later in the first trimester with her). Once we went in for our first OB appointment at 8 weeks, I was able to get a prescription and to start feeling like I could cope again. Now I'm backing off on the zofran and starting to gain some energy back (maybe).  I'm definitely looking forward to the end of "morning" (all-day) sickness and extreme exhaustion!

In the meantime, we're in full "finish-up" mode at the pit (the main reason I haven't been blogging much lately, in addition to the morning sickness), we had a big wedding last weekend, and we're headed to Georgia for another wedding this weekend. I will be happy when it's October and things have (hopefully) calmed down a bit and we have the pit officially rented out (ie we aren't over there having to work all of the time)! We need a few months to get some projects done around our own house (new kitchen floor, redo bedroom closet) before we take on being a family of 4!

1 comment:

J-Funk said...

Congratulations..!!! I'm sorry you were so nauseous, but at least there's Zofran! I know someone who almost named her daughter Zofran.