Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Full Term!

I made it to 37 weeks on Saturday, and I am officially full term! So, if I go into the labor now, there's no more stopping me!  Meanwhile, we ended up starting a big DIY project - new cork flooring in the kitchen - to finish up our kitchen remodel from last year that got sidetracked a bit due to our purchase and renovation of the pit. More on the floor soon, but as soon as we shipped David's folks out of the door on Monday, David headed into work to start 11 straight days of work (days, nights, etc. - it's going to be insane), so we're now hoping that I don't go into labor until after this stretch. Preferably, we'd even have a couple of days to recuperate by the end of next week before this baby even thinks about coming out! Granted, Mia came almost exactly on time (my water broke the night after my due date and she was born 1 day "late"), so there's nothing to say that I won't be just hanging out for another week after that (or more, god forbid). Last Friday, at the OB, I was measuring a bit larger than I had been previously, so they did an ultrasound to check on his size and position. He is head down (thank goodness!), and already measuring over 6 lbs - so just a bit bigger than would be "normal" at this point, and pointing to us having an 8 lb+ baby if we carry through to our due date. He hasn't dropped yet (I don't think Mia really did, either, though, and it's not very common for additional babies to drop prior to labor) and I'm not dilated (which I also don't think happened prior to Mia coming), so other than his size, there's not much of an indication that he's coming early. Nonetheless, we're looking to prepare ourselves as quickly as possible on the off chance that he DOES make a surprise early appearance! David is hoping to get a few hours this afternoon to work on thresholds and trim work in the kitchen (so we can at least move the rest of the furniture back into the kitchen and out of my living room!), then we can start setting up the baby gear in the living room (pack 'n play, swing, vibrator chair, etc.). We already have a bassinet set up in our room as the baby will be sleeping with us for the first couple of months to help us all adjust - and then he'll hopefully move into his crib in the same room with Mia. We also started stocking up on diapers, wipes, baby shampoo and other necessities that were no longer a part of our lives. The idea that we'll soon be a family of four is becoming more real by the second! Getting back into baby mode should be interesting....

37 weeks and 2 days

For comparison, 37 weeks and 4 days with Mia (can you tell I'm already carrying a bigger baby?)

4 comments:

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Ahh!! I can't believe he'll be here any time! I keep checking to make sure I didn't get a text from you guys ;)

chrysanthemum226 said...

You look GREAT!

Melissa said...

Can't wait for baby boy!! Hard to believe it's almost here!!