Monday, May 20, 2013

Randomness.

In going through some old photos, here are a couple of my random thoughts.

1) Piglet is an icon.  Mia got her stuffed Piglet when she was only 4 months old, and now she's almost 3 and a half and he's still her best friend!  Luckily, we had the foresight to pick up another identical Piglet, so she technically has 2 of them - but one is always Piglet and the other one is referred to as "Clean Piglet."  Normally we can switch them out pretty easily, but we're going through a tough spell of her refusing to let us wash her current Piglet. With the new baby, we didn't want to push it, but now it's getting to be borderline ridiculous - he is almost grey with dirt. We're hoping we can convince her to let us wash him pre-wedding - otherwise we're going to have to steal him, throw him in the washer, and deal with the fall out.
 



This latest one was taken 2 months ago...and he still hasn't been washed! Poor Pig!

2) Fynn looks like cousin Huck! I noticed this earlier, but when Missy and Niko came to visit, they saw it, too! Mia looked like her cousin, Huck, when they were babies (they actually share the same birthday!), so I guess it's not all that surprising that Fynn looks similar, too.

 Huck and Mia (June 2010)
Fynn (May 2013)

He also reminds me of the Helvig males - in particular, my grandpa's older brother, Robert, which is crazy considering he's just a baby - how does that resemblance show through already?

3) Spring is finally here - thank the Lord! My tulips are up, and the lilacs in our front yard just started to bloom! I even planted a new hydrangea bush and some perennials in my back garden (to replace another shrub that didn't survive our awful winter, plus an area that the dog insists on sleeping on...fencing is up to discourage him from destroying the new plants). I am planning out my veggie/herb/pumpkin spaces, and hoping to start buying plants and seeds soon so that we can start the planting before the wedding - my baby brother gets married in less than 3 weeks!!! We're headed home for the next two weekends to help get things in order, so finding time to plant will be challenging!


4) David and I survived the bachelor and bachelorette parties (for baby brother's wedding) this weekend.  We weren't sure of our capacity to do so, considering we are old and have two kids and rarely sleep, let alone socialize for long periods of time and well into the night anymore! Fun was had by all, we managed to get home and in bed by 2am, David managed to get up and to work by 6am, and I managed the two kids by myself for most of the day (David's folks were around to help until almost noon), and then we promptly went to bed after getting Mia to bed...at 8:30pm. Guess we are old after all.

 

No comments: